domingo, 4 de octubre de 2009

What to do / Where to go in Santiago

Hi classmates!
Today, I have to talk about what places a foreigner must visit in Santiago.
For me is very dificult to say, because I live in this city since 2008 so I don't know (yet, this is an insinuation for my friends to take me to the most important places here:) )all the city or all the important places.
For all this, in this blog I will talk about places that I know and that I think it would be interesting for a tourist or a foreigner.

My top 5 of activities and places that I think a tourist must visit are:

1. Bellas Artes Museum, because, for example at this time there are an exposition of a chilean sculptor call Mario Irarrazábal which work is very good. Also I think this is a beautiful place to know and to walk because it has a wonderful park next it.

2. The palace La Moneda (of course!) because is the presidential house, so is a very important place and it has a museum in the underground which , in general, have very good expositions.

3. La Vega, the market place, to see the vegetables and fruits that we have in our country, and like it is very cheap, encouraged to buy some of this food for taste it. Also you can eat seafood for a modest price.

4. La Piojera, to know a typical places and a typical drink (cheapest) in Chile, like the terremoto, which is a drink done with pinneapple ice cream, pipeño and fernet.

5. Finally up the San Cristóbal's hill for have a wonderful view of the enormous city of Santiago.

Well, I think this is all for now.
See you in class!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario