lunes, 5 de octubre de 2009

Criminal Laws

Hello Classmates!
Today I'm going to talk about criminal laws in my country. Well if you ask me how the criminal and judicial system in my country is, I have to answer that it is very bad, but not because there is no professional people to do their work, instead the problem is the laws that they have to apply are wrong, the system is very slow and tedious, with a lot of papers to fill in and give it to many people (which is in different places!).

But, despite all this things that don't work, I think the capital punishment is not the solution for criminality, because I think people can change, so I think instead of spending money to introduce this method, they have to invest in rehabilitation and education for them. Because in that form, when they are free, they will be able to work in something or have at least the chance to search for a decent job and not fall again in criminal acts. Also I think we have to generate moments were the family could have psychological assistence to help them to reincorporate her/his relative who has been in jail.

About the measure that I think the government has to take is to increase the criminality rates in Chile, are first of all, more prevention in communities of hight risks and secondly "hard hand" with recidivist.

On the other hand I think criminality has increased lately because there is a lot of opportunities to have fast and easy money for people who don't have it. So I insist that prevention is fundamental to decrease the number of robberies, burglary, pick pocketing etc...

Well that's all for today!
See you in class!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario