domingo, 19 de abril de 2009

Assigment 2 : " My Favorite piece of tech"




Hi classmates! Well I think my favorite piece of tech is the computer, but not notebooks because i think it's too hard to write numbers with their tiny keyboard. So I prefer stationary computers.

I got my computer in, if my memory doesn't fail me , 2003 , my father gave me one because like he says "it's a powerfull instrument to make research" ( in this time , in programs like encarta , "the machine to make homework", salvat encyclopedia) and is a very good instrument to write school homework and now university papers.

I use it every day to listen to and download music, be at day time with university, class, friends and family news with programs like messenger, gmail ( for exchange information or send works to other people) and skype. I love skype because you can talk with someone who is far ( in my case my family who are in Osorno) and see them , but more important for free.


I think my life without a computer would be very similar , maybe it could be better because i would spend less time sitting in front of the computer and i would have more time to talk with my brother , because in one sense , when you have a computer you are tranformed into a sort of slave of it because you have to be outstanding it all the time.

1 comentario:

  1. On the whole your post is OK, but some parts are not clear enough, for example what you wrote in the first two parentheses. The third paragraph needs a lot of editing. Could you do something about it? Please check the corrections I’ve made .

    Hi classmates! Well I think my favorite piece of tech is the computer, but not notebooks because i think it's TOO hard to write numbers WITH THEIR tiny keyboardS. So I prefer stationary computerS.

    I got my computer IN, if my memory DOESN’T FAIL me , 2003 , my father GAVE me one because, like he sayS "it's a powerfull instrument to make research" ( in this time , in programs like encarta , "the machine to make homework", salvat encyclopedia) and is a very good instrument to write school homework and now university papers.

    I use it every day to listen TO and download music, be it at day TIME with university, class, friends and family news with programs like messenger, gmail ( for exchange information or send works to other people) and skype. I love skype because you can talk with someone who is far ( in my case my family who are in Osorno) and see them , but more important for free.

    I think my life without A computer would be very similar , maybe it could be better because I WOULD SPEND LESS TIME SITTING in front OF the computer and I WOULD have more time to talk with my brother , because in one senSe , when you have a computer you ARE tranformED INTO a sort of slave of it because you have to (????)be always outstanding it.(???)

    Compare: I got / bought / sold my computer in 2003 / last year / a week ago
    I’ve had this computer since 2003 / for six years
    IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT / SERVES ME CORRECTLY / DOESN’T FAIL ME / DOESN’T BETRAY ME
    The most important thing is that it …

    ResponderEliminar