sábado, 27 de junio de 2009

" Do schools kills creativity?"

Hi classmates! Today I´m going to talk about a conference that made Sir Ted Robinson about the actual educational system and how it kills creativity of child.
If you ask me, I think that he propose it's a very interesting point of view and I have to say I agree totally with him.
I think the answer for the question of the title that I put up is yes, schools kills creativity of young people. Because it short wings of imagination.
By one hand, it despises all arts, putting them at the bottom of the list of subject to learn and only considers like it worth music and visual arts aside subject like dance and theather among others. And in the other hand, if a child have talent for one of this subject they sent him to a doctor as it should have a disease, because he/she doesn't acts "normally".
So , I think we should talk more about this topics because it concerned to our futur and more important at the future of the next generations.

1 comentario:

  1. Alejandra,
    Indeed this is a very interesting talk, something to bear in mind when you have to raise your children.
    Things to consider:
    a) Don’t confuse ‘current’(present-time) and ‘actual’(real)
    b) (I think that [ ] he proposeS...) If you want to link ideas using: ‘lo que’, you have to use ‘what’. Ex. ‘No recuerdo lo que él dijo’ = ‘I don’t remember what he said’ / ‘Lo que quiero decir es...’ = ‘What I want to say is...’/ etc.

    Here’s yor corrected post.
    Do schools kills creativity?"
    Hi classmates! Today I´m going to talk about a conference that Sir Ted Robinson + made + about the CURRENT educational system and how it kills creativity of childREN.
    If you ask me, I think that WHAT he proposeS IS a very interesting point of view and I have to say I + totally + agree with him.
    I think the answer for the question of the title that I put up is yes, schools kill(/) creativity of young people. Because THEY(SCHOOLS) shortEN THE wings of imagination.
    ON THE one hand, THEY(SCHOOLS) despise all arts, putting them at the bottom of the list of subjectS to learn and only consider(/) THAT music and visual ARTS ARE worth AND LEAVE aside subjectS like dance and theather among others. And ON the other hand, if a child haS talent for one of tHESE subjectS they sent him to a doctor as HE HAD a disease, because he/she doesn't act(/) "normally".
    So , I think we should talk more about this topic(/) because it concernES (/) our futurE and, more importantLY, the future of the next generations.

    ResponderEliminar